Here’s the prompt for Day 2 of the June Blog Challenge over at Waiting for Baby.
What do you drive?
I drive a 2000 bluish-green Toyota Corolla. I got my car during the Christmas break of my freshman year of college. I was going to school about three hours away from home, in a small country town called Statesboro. Basically, I NEEDED a car. It belonged to my maternal grandmother, and she and her brother drove it down to me from NY to GA so I could have it. She named him St. John the Baptist, but I just call him SJB for short.
On my very FIRST drive back to Statesboro for spring semester, in my very FIRST car ever, I got my very FIRST speeding ticket that landed me on my very FIRST and ONLY stint on probation…
…. I was flying down highway 16 when I got pulled over for doing 98 in a 70. I don’t even know how that little car managed to go that fast, but there I was… pleading for my life with the officer as he handed me a fat ass yellow ticket with a mandatory court date.
Luckily, for it being my first “offense,” the judge decided to reduce my speed to 93 so that I could keep my license and reduced the fee to $800. Needless to say, I didn’t have $800 just lying around so I ended up on 6-months probation. Along with the probation fee, my ticket cost well over $1000!! My dad ended up paying my ticket for me each month, and the following year, when I could work, I ended up working full-time at a retail store WHILE attending school full-time just to pay it back.
You’d think I’d learned my lesson, huh?
To date, I’ve had 1 seat belt ticket, 2 more speeding tickets, 1 expired tag ticket, and 2 accidents.
What is your dream car?
I’m not sure that I have a dream car. I don’t know much about cars or car brands, that’s more of Husband’s thing.
I do, however, have a checklist of what I would like my future car to have:
1. Power Windows
2. Power Locks
3. Sun Roof (SJB doesn’t have that)
4. Tinted Windows w/a sun strip. (SJB doesn’t have that)
5. CD player, ipod port. (SJB has a cassette player!)
6. Tell me when my tires need air, and which tire it is.
7. Tell me what fluid is low.
8. DO NOT have the seat belt beeping noise. It makes me fucking CRAZY.
9. TV in the headrest for the future kiddies. (negotiable)
10. I want the blinkers to flash in the side-view mirrors.
11. I want a super cool, sleek, sexy car shape.
12. A huge trunk.
13. Butt warmer seats!
14. Leather seats? (They hurt in the summer, but they don’t stain!)
15. Latest and Greatest safety features.
16. In-car navigation monitor.
17. Big windows and little blind spots.
18. Electric Seat Positioners. (SJB doesn’t have that)
19. Automatic Gear! (Ain’t nobody got time for stick)
20. Black on Black everything!!
See, that’s all pretty basic. I just want a nice car. I don’t need extravagance.